Fire at Clinton Property in Chappaqua, NY

Firefighters on the scene of a fire at the home of former President Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton on Old House Lane in Chappaqua, Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018. Image Source: FRANK BECERRA JR./THE JOURNAL NEWS
Firefighters on the scene of a fire at the home of former President Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton on Old House Lane in Chappaqua, Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018. Image Source: FRANK BECERRA JR./THE JOURNAL NEWS

A fire broke out Wednesday at a property owned by Bill and Hillary Clinton in Chappaqua, N.Y., authorities said.

The flames erupted in the ceiling of the second floor in a Secret Service structure behind the Clintons’ home, a Secret Service spokesman told Fox News.

He said the Clintons were not on the property at the time. No injuries were reported.

Police in New Castle, the Westchester County town that encompasses Chappaqua, confirmed the fire was on the couple’s main property.

Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill said on Twitter the Clintons were not home, adding, “All is OK!”

New Castle police said they received the initial report at 2:51 p.m. and the fire was extinguished at 3:17 p.m.

Fire extinguishers were used to put out the fire in the second-floor ceiling of the detached structure behind the Clintons’ home, the Secret Service said in a statement on Wednesday.

The former President and his wife have made Chappaqua their primary home since Bill Clinton left office in 2001. They purchased the five-bedroom, 19th-century house for $1.7 million in 1999.

In August 2016, the Clintons bought the four-bedroom house next door for $1.16 million. At the time, it was reported that the home was purchased to house the Secret Service in anticipation of Mrs. Clinton winning the presidency.

In October, the town building inspector found that the Clintons were missing several permits for work that was being done on a kitchen renovation and in-ground pool on the property.

A bathroom fan was the reported cause of the fire at the Clinton property in Chappaqua on Wednesday, New Castle Town Supervisor Robert Greenstein said today.

“Apparently a bathroom fan shorted out,” he said in an email on Friday.

The small fire burned a hole in the bathroom ceiling of the facility, which is used by the Secret Service, at 15 Old House Lane, Greenstein said.

 

SourceSource

Author, Advocate, Blogger & Zombie Aficionado. Air Force veteran and jack of all trades, with a wide range of experience with many different cultures around the world as well as working alongside both CEOs and average Joes. “Writing was never a goal or even vaguely contemplated as a career choice, it just happened, an accidental discovery of a talent and a passion.” A passion that has taken him in many directions from history to zombies to advocacy to News especially in this day and age of “Fake News” and “Alternative Facts.” The Truth Is Out There!

About the Author

Jon Britton
Author, Advocate, Blogger & Zombie Aficionado. Air Force veteran and jack of all trades, with a wide range of experience with many different cultures around the world as well as working alongside both CEOs and average Joes. "Writing was never a goal or even vaguely contemplated as a career choice, it just happened, an accidental discovery of a talent and a passion." A passion that has taken him in many directions from history to zombies to advocacy to News especially in this day and age of "Fake News" and "Alternative Facts." The Truth Is Out There!

Be the first to comment on "Fire at Clinton Property in Chappaqua, NY"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*